Introduction to Patents
Glossary of Patent Terms
HOW TO GET STARTED
LOW FEES - Don't spend thousands more than you should on a patent application! Before you hire an agent, attorney, or firm, get a second quotation. Starting at $1800 to prepare a utility application. Starting at $600 to prepare a provisional application.
FREE - Initial consultations and written quotation.
Click Here for more information.
Introduction to Patents1. What is a patent?
2. How long does it take to obtain a patent?
3. What exactly does a patent protect?
4. Are there different types of patents?
5. How much does it cost to obtain a patent?
6. What percentage of patent applications result in a patent being issued?
7. What is the difference between a patent attorney and a patent agent?
8. What is the first step in obtaining a patent?
9. What is a patent search?
10. What are the parts of a patent application?
11. What are claims?
12. Do all patents provide the same level of protection?
13. What does 'Patent Pending' mean?
14. What is an office action?
15. On what basis can the PTO reject an application?
16. What are amendments?
17. What is a Notice of Allowance?
18. Other than prior art, what can prevent a patent from being obtained?
19. What is a provisional application?
20. What about foreign filing?
21. Once issued, is a patent a done deal?
If the information you are looking for is not contained is these pages feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have.
Ted Masters & Associates, Inc.
Ted Masters - Patent Agent